Search This Blog

Friday, January 9, 2015

Slow Start

It's been a very slow start to the year so far. So much so, that it's become the theme of many a thread in the Etsy forums this month. All I can say is: Thank god for my other job! What is going on with that website? Or is it me?

I added the cutest Valentine's Day items. I listed some of the most adorable little bunny dolls. I worked on my tags and SEO. In previous years my sales from December always continued into January. January used to be a great month for me. Not so this year it appears...

The cold weather in Colorado is not exactly helping my mood either. The house is an icebox and cold drafts are keeping me from typing much on my laptop. Brrrr.

I am glad for two things though. You have got to focus on the good things:

1. that I have my other job and get to leave the house and see the kids at school. I had my first day of substitute teaching of the New Year yesterday. It was awesome and I had so much fun.

2. I can go to the Etsy forums and commiserate with other sellers. That's how I found this cute blog by Stacey and her uplifting post for today. If you are an Etsyseller and feel a bit downtrodden today you may want to check it out too.



Unfortunately creating this cute little bunch of bunnies has left me with hands that ache really badly. Some form of carpal tunnel syndrome or something. Oh well, I will give it a rest for now. Looks like people are not ready to shop for Easter at the moment anyways. I even started a sales event  in my Etsyshop this week that will last for another couple of days.

If you have any other ideas on how to improve sales for me, please leave me a comment!

No comments: