Search This Blog

Friday, March 6, 2015

Ides of March

It's not the 15th of the month yet. But if I wait any longer we will reach the Ides of March before the first post. March 6th and still no post on the blog. Hmm. Looks like my slacking off when it comes to blogging has continued into the new year. But who am I kidding? I have not gotten a comment in ages it appears. Why worry? Since I am mostly talking to myself here.



Dear Blog, I'll just use this opportunity take note of all the good things that happened recently. 

1. I still love substitute teaching, and I think I am getting better at it.

2. My doll sales on Etsy have been okay. Not outstanding, but I am definitely hanging in there and selling enough to justify keeping my shop open. I just wish Etsy would stop changing stuff. The category changes were frustrating. And then this morning there was a new thing. After spending hours fixing my tags and titles it appears that all of my listings have disappeared in Google Chrome and lost relevancy. What a joke...

3. Nothing to do with dolls but positive and fun to think about: Our boys High School Basketball team made it to the State Tournament this year. My son has been mostly sitting on the bench with a couple of minutes of playing time now and then but it's been wonderful to see all the kids grow and do so well. 

4. My daughter played Basketball in Middle School and they a had a great season, too. It's kind of weird how addicted us parents become to the adrenaline rush that sets in during those games no matter what.



5. I ordered my books for teaching German in the fall. I really love the new book, and I am working hard on some lesson plans. 

6. I revamped many of my listings and took some new photos of many items. Not sure that it helped with sales. But I am proud of my hard work and never giving up in the face of adversity. 

7. I had a wonderful lunch with a good friend this week. We had not seen each other in a very long time. If you have such a friend who you have not seen in a while, do call them and make time for them. It was the best balm for the soul!

8. I made a new gnome outfit for little Wilhelmina cutting into my precious Heather Ross gnomes fabric. That fabric always cheers me up. But now I cannot decide whether it looks better with the red toadstool bonnet or the rust red pointy hat with matching pointy hat elf baby in pocket. You tell me!

I would be so glad if you are reading and you left me a note. Maybe you want to tell me about something good that happened in your life! 

No comments: