Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Photo Backdrops

I have been trying out new backgrounds for my photo shoots. The backgrounds that came with a light box I bought on eBay many years ago are losing their luster. The white one, especially, is on it's last leg. I also don't like how one can see every little piece of lint or fuzz on white. But I cannot bring myself to spend money on new equipment at the moment. So I thought why not use some of the beautiful fabric I own. The only problem with using fabric is that it gets wrinkly. I have to iron each piece before I can take pictures. I hate ironing.

In fact, I dislike it so much that I had an agreement with my husband when I married him I would never iron his shirts. I guess the ironing trauma stems from my childhood and years of watching my mother iron every single item that came out of the laundry - with the exception of socks maybe...Ugh. I am a good German. But not that generation German I suppose. I'd rather live with wrinkled fabric...




I think the photos I took yesterday look quite pretty. I am a huge fan of the bunny picture in particular...

I would really like to own some new wrinkle free backdrops. Like a sky with clouds pattern. Or maybe some rustic wood backdrop. I just cannot afford right now. Oh well, I have lots and lots of fabric...


No comments: