Search This Blog

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Sommerloch

Looks like we have entered the slow period of summer. In German we call it  "Sommerloch" or "saure Gurkenzeit" ( the summerhole or the time of sour gurkens, when nothing much happens or sells). Dolls are sitting on the virtual shelf, waiting for a good family to adopt them. I think I got about 7 keeping me company right now.

Maybe it's time for a new dolly orphanage photo shoot?



Here is one little sweet pea waiting. The good thing is, I get to play with all of them. I just put some new clothes on this little gal. She is wearing a blue floral dress, matching yellow shorts. Of course, there is a tiny pocket baby waiting with her in the box to keep her company. Dolls do have feelings- you know. I am sure of it.

 
Little Lisette is a bit sad right now because she doesn't have a kid to play with. She would love to be best friend to someone who needs a hugging. She is a very good listener, too. I know because she has been sitting here patiently for a couple of months listening to my worries about my trip to Germany, the ups and downs in the news, and the state of the world in general.
 
 

No comments: