- Muttersprache: mother tongue, note that it's Vaterland, the fathers own the land - the moms the language
- Muttersoehnchen: mama's boy
- Mutterkuchen: placenta
- Muttermilch: breast milk
- Mutterliebe: a mother's love
- Muttererde: the original earth a plant was grown in, that you must use when planting a potted plant
- Mutterschaft: the state of being a mother
- Mutterschutz: the act of protecting women who are pregnant and cannot be fired in Germany because of their pregnancy, pregnant women can keep their job for up to 3 years after giving birth.
- Mutterschutzgesetz: laws protecting mothers, see above
mutterseelenallein: the state of feeling totally lost and forgotten by all souls on earth - even your mother, kind of how I felt on my birthday this year when none of my 4 sisters from Germany called me since my mother was not there to remind them...
Seems like I can still smell the bouquet of fresh cut lavender I gave you when I was a child.
I miss you, Mama.
I hope all you mothers have a good day today! And please do call your mom.