Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Dolls and a Movie

January has been super busy for me, with an order or two almost every single day. I love it. I can play Santa for another month. I hope this keeps up because the money is badly needed.

Not sure why, but I keep running out of supplies. I am almost out of wool for stuffing the dolls again. And it is not cheap. But polyester just won't do. A real Waldorf style doll requires the goodness of real sheepswool. Unfortunately I cannot find it around here. How weird is that. There are lots of sheep in Colorado. But they don't sell the wool the way I need it. Maybe if I started cleaning and carding it myself. No time for that. Must make more dolls...



This week I am working on a custom doll. She is supposed to look somewhat like the doll in the photo. It's always a tall order when people ask for a doll that looks similar to one you have made before. Handmade doesn't lend itself to exact copies. Of course, I will do my best to make the replica of this brown haired doll.


In the breaks I get to read a good book and watch a fine movie once in a while. Have you seen the movie Simon Birch?

I got it from my mail carrier Annie. I love that woman. You know mail carriers see a lot of the world. Even if it's just the same few blocks they get to visit every day...

We visit quite a bit when Annie collects my mail. Usually we talk about the "State of Union" and netflic movies we have seen. But the other week she dropped off one of her own movies. I am not sure how old it is.

It's a great movie. Sad and very funny at the same time. Like most great movies. It's the very inspiring story of a little boy who is born with a condition that causes him to have stunted growth. I don't want to give away too much of the story. But you must see it if you have not already. Please, do drop me a note when you do. I'd love to hear your opinion on it.

No comments: