Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

New Mermaid Doll

After working on a number of little merbabies it was time to create another big Mermaid girl. Mermaids have always fascinated me. Maybe because I am such a terrible swimmer.



It's a wonder I survived my childhood. My parents would just drop us 5 girls at the pool and say:" Have fun!" My mom didn't know how to swim. She worked all the time and didn't own a bathing suit. My dad had a skin condition that prevented him from going to a public pool. I have no happy memories of my parents playing with us in the water and keeping me safe. I never had swim lessons. I guess my parents figured my older sisters would take care of us or the lifeguard would safe us if need be. So I pretty much grew up terrified of water.




To this day I envy people who are good swimmers and move in the water like fish - or like a mermaid.

No comments: