Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Biggest Ball of Twine

Well, I have had it. Whenever I turn around or leave my little studio unattended invisible hands appear to be reaching for my dollmaking twine/thread and steal it. Or am I just imagining this? Fact is that supplies keep shrinking. Yet when I ask the family: Who keeps taking my dollmaking thread - nobody wants to admit to  being the guilty part. But how come the ball is getting so small?

I say: People, this is serious business! If I don't have any thread I can't make dolls. Big dolls, small dolls. They all are made with this stuff. It's like taking the flour away from a baker...Grrr....



So this weekend I went out and bought me the biggest most giant ball of thread I could find. I am not sure how many thousands of meters this thing has. It is HUGE! There is no way the kids and husband can take it all.

What are they using it for anyways? I know some of it went to dog leashes for various stuffed animals. Then there was this tennisball in the yard. It had a whole in it that went all the way through, from one side to the other. Did they shoot the ball? Somebody had tied some of my dollmaking string to it. I suppose it was used as a weapon of some sort....It's a good thing I don't have my eyes everywhere all the time. Ignorance can be bliss.



So from now on I will just not worry about it. They can take all they want. This giant ball will last forever. I am pretty certain of it...

No comments: