Wednesday, April 21, 2010

New Banner?


I have been reading a lot about blogging lately. I am not very good when it comes to the technical stuff...But I am so happy that I finally I figured out how to make a personlized banner for my blog. The first time around I cropped a picture of some spools of thread I took. What do you think?

Next I cropped a picture of my Pocketdolls tucked into a hat. It's not quite perfect yet, but I am happy to have pictures of my dollies, instead of the canned banner that came with this template. Now for the backgrounds. How does one change them? It will take me a while to figure that one out. LOL Any suggestions? I could use some help from experts...

8 comments:

sewinghappyplace said...

Absolutely love the dolls in the hat. Makes me want them. You are way ahead of me on the blog customization and I need to get in gear and follow your lead

FairiesNest said...

The new banner is great!! If you're changing things up you might want to consider going to a template that allows for bigger pictures. I think pictures are the first thing that draw readers into a blog.

BirchLeaf Designs - Wendy and Mojo said...

Love your new banner Ulla! Nice work. Maybe check the "customize" area of your blog for background changes?
http://www.etsy.com/shop/birchleafdesigns

CurlyMonkey said...

I love the pocket dolls banner! I am about to change my banner too! As for the background, I would love to know how to do it! Lol!

woolies said...

Your dollies look so cute! I'm pretty clueless as well, so no help here!

Jennifer Williams said...

I love the dolls too... it is very simple and pretty, very inviting to come and read more.... I amr eading about blogs too, what have you found useful... any books or webiste/blogs??

can't be any help about the background, sorry!!

Jenni

germandolls said...

Thanks for all the comments and compliments! I am wondering whether I should change the buttons to the other side? Do you think people are more likely to click them if they are on the right side?

kat (kats in the belfry) said...

it's a cute banner! if you ever need blog help, just let me know.

there are things already in blogger that you can use, or hacks if you're brave :)