Search This Blog

Sunday, October 4, 2009

I love Fall / Ich liebe den Herbst


I love fall with all it's pretty colors: the bright yellows, warm oranges and reds, shades of ocre and brown. After a long hot summer the crisp cool Octoberdays make me want to go outside and take deep breaths. Ahh! The smell of fall.
Ich liebe den Herbst mit all seinen schoenen Farben: leuchtende Gelbtoene, warme Orange und Rottoene, Ocker und Braun. Nach einem langen heissen Sommer draengen mich die frischen kalten Oktobertage nach draussen zu gehen und tief durchzuatmen. Ahh! Es riecht nacht Herbst.



The children have been asking us to make fires in the fireplace, in anticipation of cups of hot chocolate and freshly baked apples consumed in front of it. The changing season is cause for joy. Unfortunately we always end up with various sicknesses in this time of transition. It never seems to fail. Once school starts, so does a cycle of colds and illnesses. We have to remind ourselves that it is important to dress warmly and rest once in a while.
In der Vorfreude auf heisse Schokolade und Brataepfel verlangen die Kinder taeglich das wir ein Feuer im Kamin machen. Der Jahreszeitenwechsel ist Grund fuer grosse Freude. Leider fuehrt diese Uebergangszeit immer zu Krankheiten. Die Schule faengt an und gleichzeitig beginnt der Teufelskreis von Erkaeltungen und anderen Krankheiten. Wir muesse und daran erinnern uns warm anzuziehen und auch mal eine Pause einzulegen.
What can one do to boost one's immunesystem? What, besides eating lots of fruit and fresh vegetables? Do you take vitamins? Is there a tea you can recommend? Having recovered from the first "round" of sickness I would like to hear from you about natural ways to boost your immunesystem.
Was kann man tun, um das Immunsystem zu staerken? Ausserdem. dass man viel Obst und frisches Gemuese konsumiert?Nehmen Sie Vitamine? Koenne Sie einen Tee empfehlen? Nachdem wir die erste Krankheitsrunde ueberstanden haben, wuerde ich gerne ein paar Tips von Ihnen hoeren. I'll leave you with pictures of some fall treasures I made for my etsy shop celebrating the gorgeous colors of fall that I love so much. Happy Fall!
Ansonsten verbleibe ich mit Bildern von ein paar Herbstschaetzen in meinen Lieblingsfarben, die ich fuer meinen Etsyladen hergestellt habe. Froehlichen Herbst!



7 comments:

Kim van Waardenburg said...

I love autumn too! Candles in the evening, collecting nuts, apples, etc. I can really enjoy looking at my "hearvast"
which is displayd in the kitchen in nice baskets made from felt.....
I really wouldn't know a special tip to stay healthy, or it should be eat 2 pieces of fruit everyday, as I am sick at the moment, hihihi
Greatings!
Kim
www.viltalakim.etsy.com

Blue Forest Jewellery said...

Autumn is my favourite season too. It's just starting to hit here and the mornings and evenings getting crisper.

Try taking high dose vitamin C would be my tip. It might work. Myself and the OH have been cold-free for a long time now :)

Chandra said...

I am in love with your handiwork...I am so glad I found your blog!! And of course, autumn is my favorite time of year. :)

germandolls said...

Thanks for the tips! I do take vitamins. Maybe I need to take more of the C vitamin...

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness I so heart your dolls! My husband's step mother is German and I love to hear her sing lullabies to my three children in German! Beautiful work, I especially love the African American Baby in your Etsy Shop!

germandolls said...

Thanks, yourroyalfatness! The picture of the baby is soooo cute.

Molly said...

Diese Puppen sind einfach süß!

Tipps gegen Erkältungen: Händewaschen und Zitronensaft. Ich wasche mir furchtbar oft die Hände und dachte schon, ich habe eine Marotte. Aber, kürzlich habe ich gelesen, dass Händewaschen das beste Mittel ist, der Übertragung von Viren vorzubeugen. Tada! Ich hatte in 10 Jahren nur eine Erkältung (das war aber eine richtige Grippe).

Tja, und frischer Zitronensaft kommt bei mir in jedes Essen, das eine frische Note vertragen kann - und das ist so ziemlich alles. Außerdem in Joghurt, Mineralwasser etc. Ich geb's zu - ich bin ein bisschen ein Zitronen-Junkie ;-)Aber ich glaube, es hilft.

Viele Grüße,
Molly