Search This Blog

Thursday, April 19, 2012

cherry on top!

I know. I know. It's been awful quiet over here on my blog. What? 8 days have passed since I last posted? But I promise you I have not been napping over here! In the mean time the baseball season for my son's team came into full swing - literally! The boys won their first tournament. Sorry to bother you with this personal tidbid but I had to share it. I am pretty certain you don't care about baseball. I happen to be infatuated by that sport. We don't have it in Germany.

Seems that most good things come with a high price though. We had to freeze our behinds off under sleet and rainy weather conditions. Think the kid will remember this when he puts us in a resthome in our old age?

Talking about age. I also did have a birthday yesterday. Sigh! Another year older and still not much wiser. I am not going to tell you how old I turned. If I did, I would have to kill you. LOL


But I wanted to share a picture of these lovely cupcakes we got for our birthday. They came from a new bakery in our town called Batter Up Cakes. It's a quirky little place in the basement/garden level of a downtown building. You know, my husband and I share the same birthday. As we age together it gets older and older each year to bake a cake for the other. So we decided to check out that new place. They make the type of cakes like you see on TV cooking shows: Fondant covered brightly colored checkered works of art. Or we saw the baker work on a Birthday cake covered with monkeys and cute sculpted zoo animals. Oh well, it was too late to order one of the fancy cakes for us. Maybe a bit out of our price range too. But we got these yummy yummy cupcakes to spoil ourselves. They were sOOOOOOOO good! So if you happen by this place make sure to get some!


I have this cute little doll dress with cupcakes on it. Maybe time to make some more needlefelted cupcakes?

I also want to thank all the folks who visited my FB page and send me well-wishes for my birthday. As Winnie the Pooh would say: Life is so much friendlier when you have lots of friends to celebrate with!

2 comments:

Oma2four said...

Belated Birthday wishes!!

I think, if I am correct, it was the 18th? if so you share a birthday with one of my younger brothers!!

germandolls said...

Thanks for the well-wishes, Oma!