Search This Blog

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Hip Hop Golden Baby Doll

I have a new soft baby doll in the works. I am making her as a baby gift for my daughter's and my dance instructor. Believe it or not, I have been taking hip-hop dance classes since August of last year. I am kind of embarrassed about it, yet at the same time I am proud that I had the guts to stick it out...


My daughter has been dancing since she was 4 years old.
I am ashamed to say that I have never taken a dance class in my life. In Germany most kids take a ballroom dance class when they hit 14. My parents sprang for it for my two oldest sisters. Then they didn't have the money/time to pay for the rest of their 5 girls.
Den Letzten beissen die Hunde - as we say in German - the last one gets bitten by the dogs...Or in other words: being a young sibling really stinks.


It was terrible because I always felt bad when I was asked to dance at weddings and other occasions. I felt very deprived to say the least...

So please, don't do this to your child, and let them take a dance class or two while growing up. I think it's so important for a teenager's self-esteem. I always felt like a total idiot on the dancefloor.

I very much stink at this hip-hop thing. But luckily I have a very patient teacher and the group of ladies I am dancing with is very kind and encouraging. Keep your fingers crossed for me. I will be in my first dance recital in June. Only 2 more months to figure out these moves. Hope my dance instructor will be back soon after having her baby.
Do you think she will like the little doll I made for her baby? She still needs some eyes and a bit of hair.

No comments: