Search This Blog

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter! Frohe Ostern!

I have always loved Easter. Maybe I loved it so much as a child because my birthday is around Easter. I remember years when my birthday actually fell on Easter. It was wonderful waking up and looking out the window upon waking up. The anticipation of hunting for Easter eggs and getting a special gift for my birthday. Unfortunately I have no pictures of that day. My parents never took pictures of us on our birthday. They didn't take many pictures period! So I have only one single Easter picture from my childhood.


In the picture you can my three older sisters and me after an Easter Egg Hunt at my aunt's house in Germany. The Photo was probably taken in 1973 or 1974. It had no date on it...But as in the other family photos, see the matching coats? My mom made them for us. I am sure I enjoyed that lovely red and white checkers pattern for quite a few years...We all had the same hairdo, too. Lovely, no?

Hope you are having a peaceful Easter and are still excited about hunting for chocolate eggs.

 After all Easter is about hope. Hope for new life and being reunited with our loved ones some day...

1 comment:

Mike said...

This is one of the reasons why I always tell my mom to take pictures. If there is no pictures it's harder to remember the happy times.