Search This Blog

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Creating New Dolls

I have been feeling very creative this week. Despite the heat I made two dolls. Amazing! Oh the things one can get accomplished when getting up at 4 am in the morning...I highly recommend it.
Meet little Esther. She is a new African American doll I just finished. I love sewing ethnic dolls. Unfortunately they are not as popular as blond blue eyed baby dolls. "Adoptions" sometimes take longer...But then again that's not so bad because I get to play with her for longer. =)

4 comments:

Stephanie Thomas Berry said...

Oh, I love Esther! And I love ethnic dolls. Does she have any ethnic outfits? Those are so much fun!

germandolls said...

Thanks! I have this really cute fabric with zebras on it. I have sold a similar doll with a zebra dress before...

HeartFelt 4 Kids said...

Hello:

I see through my GA you visited my shop..thank you! If you have any questions, please let me know. Great blog and the sweetest Etsy shop. such beautiful dolls..and another lover of felt!
All the best!
Nadine
HeartFelt 4 Kids

germandolls said...

wow, this doll sold really quickly! She found a new home in no time at all!