Search This Blog

Saturday, November 21, 2009

What a little advertising can do for you!

Oh my! My little shop was featured in a Storque article Friday a week ago.




http://www.etsy.com/storque/spotlight/etsy-finds-a-team-6075/


The article was not about my shop. It did not mention me in particular. It really was about the many different kinds of etsy teams you can join on etsy. But the mention of my very cool team, the naturalkids team, was followed 4 pictures with shop links of items from various team members. One of them was a picture of my miniature Pocketdolls - the one shown below. Wow!


At first I could not figure out why I had so many views on newly listed items. To my shame I have to admit, I still have not set up google analytics which helps one track such things...I just don't have the time and energy to figure out these little technical details. Then I saw that my hearts had gone up by over 100 in two days. I had over 40 sales in 3 days.


So I went to the forums and asked. Some nice person pointed out the fact that my little dolls where featured in that article. Now I can only imagine what an article written by me could do for my shop...I will put this idea on my list for New Year's Resolutions: Propose article to etsy...


Got to run folks and play catch-up, make sure I get everything made and mailed out in a timely fashion. Luckily I have worked out a good system. I blogged about it last year around Christmas time when things got very busy over here.


Thank you Etsy for featuring my little dollies! I am very grateful this Thanksgiving that my sales in November were up and I can afford Christmas present for my family...




5 comments:

Kelly Casanova said...

Wow, congratulations, no wonder you're happy!

germandolls said...

Thanks, Handmaden! I am excited about my orders, but carpal tunnel syndrome is beginning to set in...

Chandra said...

I adore your little pocket dollies! They are so perfect...they need a death-cap mushroom house and then any little girl would be thrilled to have such wonderful elfin creature-babies for Christmas! :)

Daphne said...

WOW...congrats!!

LynnAnne said...

Thats great! Congrats on your adorable pocket dollies getting noticed by the big guys!