Search This Blog

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Clouds

We drove up to the mountains the other day. I was totally prepared to get all those wonderful photos of the snow covered Colorado peaks. Then we got out of the car in Estes Park. It was bitter cold. Next thing it started snowing on us. The only photos I took were pictures from the car. Here is the one I liked best. Who does not love a good picture of clouds?


One minute it snows here. The next you see the sun come out and the sky is bright blue. That pretty much describes my mood these days. In German we call that sort of mood: "Himmelhoch jauchzend - zu Tode betrübt". In translation that means something like: Shouting gleefully happy up to the sky and then deathly sad. Yup, that's me. Very moody these days.



My little Waldorf dolls and the bright smiles of children make me happy.
Watching the news makes me sad.

So not digging the politics here. Who would seriously vote for that guy with the ugly comb-over? I mean really, folks, just from an aesthetic perspective? Never mind the politics that match his looks.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely little doll :)

germandolls said...

Thanks so much Laura!