Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Gutes Buch

For Christmas this sweet friend of mine in Berlin sent me a box filled with German books. Danke, Nanette! Du bist ein Schatz! It's tough to get in some time for reading these days. As I get older, I find that I am much pickier and that it takes a sehr gutes Buch (very good book) to make me want to read. Especially since I am having a hard time staying up past nine pm in the evenings. At first I struggled with the novel Die hellen Tage ( Bright Days) by Zsuzsa Bank. I am glad I didn't give up on it. Now that I am half-way into the story, I have barely been able to put it down. I am not sure if it is available in English translation yet. But if you speak and read German you should definitely give this beautiful novel a try.


Now the doll children are quite mad at me for not spending enough time with them. Little Miranda and her baby bunny commented that the book cover is all right. But personally, they would prefer it if I spent more time on finding them a good home... Dolls.
Today it is overcast and the weather looks very much like German weather. In other words it is the perfect day for curling up in a chair with a good book and getting lost in the German language...

No comments: