Search This Blog

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Karin - a long lost friend

This is Karin.


When I was growing up I had a childhood friend named Karin. She lived up the street from us. I spent a lot of time at her house since things a my house weren't always so peachy - to say the least.
Unfortunately I lost touch with this friend over the years. I have googled her name and searched and searched. But since she has this very common last name (Schmitt = the equivalent to being named Smith in this country) it has been like looking for a needle in the haystack.

 
 


 
 I made this doll as a tribute to my lost friend. Maybe one of you readers has lost touch with a friend too? Karin's  hair was just as red this doll's. She had lots of freckles/ angel kisses. Maybe, by chance, she will see this post? What are the odds?
 
 If you see this, Karin, please write to me!

No comments: