Search This Blog

Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas & Thank You

I can't believe Christmas Eve is here. The last couple of days have been rather hectic and filled with baking, cooking, and catching up on some gifts for the family. I know I say this every year: It's really tough when you run a little business that get's the busiest this time of year.

Luckily, I have learned a few lessons from going through this process for a number of years.  By setting the cut-off date on custom orders much earlier and only putting items in my Etsyshop that were finished and ready to go, my life was so much easier this time around. I still wish I had a little Elf helper to wrap and ship things for me, but alas such is life.


Looks like our pyramide stable scene needs some dusting off...No doubt I will get to it before too long!



I want to thank all the people who have helped me so much. First of all, I want to thank the people at the Post Office who patiently put up with my big piles of packages and odd requests for putting pretty stamps on my letters to Germany - when there was a line all the way out the door.

I want to say a big "Thank You" to all my wonderful customers who ordered from my little shop and left me such wonderful feedback and comments when ordering. Here is one of my favorite ones:

I was looking for a sweet doll for my youngest granddaughter, something soft and sweet, and looked at all sorts of horrible dolls until i found your lovely, sweet, soft creations. They made MY heart glad, and I hope this charming green doll will find a happy place in Helen's pockets... and we ALL love pockets!! Thank you!
 
It made my heart glad to read your note, Dear Susan! I find in times like this, when the world seems such harsh place, we must work extra hard to make things better. Every little kind gesture and word matters.

I want to thank my collegues from the NaturalKids team, particularly the folks who wrote articles and helped to keep the blog going. Rachel, you are wonderful!

I also want to thank my friends and family who put up with me and were understanding about having to cancel a lunch date or an event of making merry because I was on Elf duty. Thank you all for keeping me going with your lovely comments, patience, and kind words of support.



                       Have a Merry Christmas - if you celebrate Christmas - that is!

                       I wish all of you Good Health and Happiness for the New Year!

No comments: