Search This Blog

Saturday, July 14, 2012

New Beginnings

It's been the slowest month ever in my Etsyshop. Really? I thought May was bad but looks like I have not reached bottom yet. ZERO sales so far this month. Could this economy stink any more?

I decided to go back to the drawing board and make a doll with a nose. I normally do prefer my dolls without. Why? Well, the simpler dolls with the very basic features and no thrills are my passion. Pure Waldorfy goodness rules!
But since my shop is as dead as a doornail at the moment, I decided to have fun and do some stuff I have not made in a while. So here is a photo of my doll in progress. What do you think? Like her? Any name suggestions?


And then I had a request for a ballerina outfit for a doll I made last year. It's been a long time since I sewed one up. I still remember the very first ballerina outfit I sold many years ago. Got me a glowing review on Feebay. I believe the customer said: "Best thing I ever bought on this site!" I hope she still feels that way about my work.



I had to dig for the pattern. Every year around recital time and Christmas/Nutcracker time I keep thinking: I got to make some leotards and tutus. So well, since I had the time this week I did.

Wow, I am so happy how it turned out. It looks super-adorable on little Celeste. My daughter was pleased and demanded a new one for her baby too.

Folks, I hate to say it but if things don't turn around soon for my little shop, I think I'll just have no option but to find a different job. Anyone need some German translation services? I can do that too.
I think I'll look into substitute teaching for the new year.

4 comments:

Veelana said...

She's So cute - and the leotard is great :-) i didn't one once and i had So much trouble with it...
I'd go with green eyes for your adorable pink girl, if you're open for suggestions.She looks like a Rosy to me :-)

Vee

germandolls said...

Thanks for the suggestion Vee. Actually I like your name very much. Can I name her littel "Vee"? I hope that's okay with you.

Janet said...

Oh...I love the dolls and the name, Vee!!!

germandolls said...

Thanks, Janet. I like the new name too. I named her after a dollmaker friend on FB. =)