Search This Blog

Friday, January 29, 2010

New Year's Resolutions...

Is it too late to talk about New Year's Resolutions? What are yours? I know a lot of people go on diets. Luckily I don't need to go on a food diet since I am blessed with a slim figure. I guess it also helps not being able to eat a bar of chocolate every day. I used to do that back in Germany, but my favorite kind is hard to come by in the US.
So instead of the food diet, my plan for the year is to go on self prescribed "fabric diet". It is really hard with so many wonderful fabrics around. So much temptation. I recently reveived a fabric catalog and had to hide it from myself. Oh dear, I have so many bins of fabric in the house. It will take me years to turn them into doll clothes. Why do I still feel the need to constantly add to my stash? Why, oh why, do they keep designing new beautiful fabric collections each year?

One of my favorite Fabric designers is a Japanese company called Kokka. See picture above. I can never get enough of these adorable animal prints...
I admit I am totally addicted, and it will be very hard not break down and buy some more of them when I stumble across them.
And then, once you get one colorway of a cute fabric, it leads to wanting the same plus matching fabrics. Sigh! Is there a sort of patch for fabric addicts? Tell me if there is a support group for people addicted to pretty fabrics...My husband would be very relieved to know that there is hope, and some day our house will be cleared of bins filled with fabrics...

5 comments:

FairiesNest said...

Lol, I'm a confirmed fiberaholic myself. I blame genetics since my mom is too....
I think the only cure is to keep finding new ways to use your stash!:)

Kim van Waardenburg said...

Hahaha, I can find myself inhere!! I can hardly pass supplies, as it is all so tempting. I think that's a problem of creative minds!

germandolls said...

So it's genetic? Great, I will use that excuse with my husband then! Thanks for the support!

Kim van Waardenburg said...

HI,
I just want to tell you I have a creative blog award for you! Please check my blog and I hope you will pass it on to others!

MitziMakes said...

I've fallen in love with those animal prints, especially the deer!!
I say let your love of fabric loose :P