Search This Blog

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Another Christmas Doll

I just listed another Christmas doll. She is so sweet! I hope she finds a good home. I am having trouble taking good pictures these days. It is too windy and cold outside to set up my photo light tent. Yesterday the wind just picked it up and blew it right into the neighbors yard...


When I tried taking pictures inside it was too dark and the indoor lighting made the colors all weird looking. I could really use the help of a professional...Any tips for me?


I think pictures are so important when you sell your wares online!
I am also working on some more doll clothes to put under the Christmas tree! I love Christmas. It is my favorite holiday. So many memories... I will try and post some pictures of clothes when I get a good one...

How do you take your pictures in the winter time? Do you use a light tent? I am so frustrated with my photos at the moment.

8 comments:

FairiesNest said...

She's so sweet Ulla! I usually set up in front of a bright window in the winter...or bundle up and head outside anywho!

germandolls said...

That's what I do too. But it just is not working for me right now. I am not happy with my pictures. I think I will try to retake them next week.
Thanks for your comment, fairiesnest!

BirchLeaf Designs - Wendy and Mojo said...

We bought a little tent like thing, called EZ Cube. I think it came from a place called www.tabletopstudio.com
Hope that helps.
Wendy

germandolls said...

Thanks birchleaf! I got one of those for Christmas last year. That is what the wind picked up and blew into the neighbor's yard...I also found that the sun is not strong enought to penetrate the tent this time of year. My flash keeps going off even in the middle of the day in bright daylight - it seems.

Anonymous said...

Ack! I have this problem also and it's SO important to get the right colors!! I get so mad! We even bought a new camera last year because alot of our problem was our crummy, cheap little digicam. I love warm lighting...I will keep checking back to get pointers...as I have this issue myself and I *dread* the winter months for photo-taking!

(Plus, you'll notice, almost all of my pictures have nature or outdoors in them....so it's hard not to have that)

germandolls said...

Hi Jenn! I guess we are all in the same boat! Love nature but don't want to stick our precious merchandise in the snow...
What camera did you buy?

Vanessa said...

Your dolls are so adorable!

woolies said...

Hi Ulla! I am SO photographically (is that a word?) challenged. I've taken pics every conceivable way.

Oh well, it all may be a moot point if the CPSC gets their way.
:0(