Search This Blog

Thursday, April 2, 2009

What the Easter Bunny has in mind...

When I was a child Easter was my favorite holiday. I loved it even more than Christmas. Maybe because I have such a sweet tooth? Or was it the excitement of Easter Egg hunts that made it such a fun occasion? Of course, we were told to keep in mind that is not about the eggs and the candy. Like I tell my own kids now at Christmas that it is not about presents.

Easter is about hope...New life. Jesus risen from the dead.

But when you are a child death is very abstract and seems so far away. No matter what adults tell you it is all about the hunt and the pretty colors.

My mother always had a lovely centerpiece on the table. A few branches of pussy willows or forsythia, decorated with hand painted eggs, graced the center of our dining table.
Every year I have lived in the US I try to recreate that memory. It is hard though since pussy willows are hard to come by where I live now...






I am not quite ready this year. Time is flying by when you are busy. I have had so many custom orders recently I have not had the time to think about decorating my home.
My etsy shop is not fully stocked up on Easter items. I really wanted to make another Easter themed doll. But then again what better gift for Easter than one of my Wee Pocketdolls. They fit perfectly in one of those commercial plastic eggs.
And they won't harm the children's teeth...
I hope you are enjoying the spring season. I love spring - the season of hope and new beginnings...


1 comment:

Sarah said...

I gave each of us a wee pocket doll for Easter ~ even daddy. They are so sweet in those easter eggs!