Search This Blog

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Mermaids, Princesses, and Ballerinas

I have been working on some theme dolls this week. They are such a joy to make. I created a new crown for my mermaid princess doll. It took about 5 attempts to get what I wanted. Maybe I'll add some jewels to it lateron. I kind of like the simple look.

Tessa is a 12 inch girl with brown hair. She has some strands of fantasy yarn added with tints of blue and green. And check out her cute merbaby!
 
But then she is a real girl with legs...
 


I would have loved to play with these kind of toys as a child. I guess that's why I make toys. I get to play with them as I create them. It is so much fun to think of more things to add to the set. Maybe a treasure chest with jewels for the mermaid.

 
or a new warm-up jacket for the little dancer...
 
 She still need some slippers and leg warmers. I am on it...

No comments: